Symbolic Math in MATLAB
- Calculus - covers differentiation, integration, Taylor series, summation, and limits
- Algebraic and differential equations
- Linear algebra – topics covered under this include inverses, eigenvalues, determinants, singular value decomposition and canonical forms of symbolic matrices
- Transforms such as Fourier, Laplace, corresponding inverse transforms, and z-transform.
- Simplification which covers methods of simplifying algebraic expressions
- The solution of equations which includes topics such as symbolic and numerical solutions to algebraic expressions
- Variable precision arithmetic which covers the numerical evaluation of mathematical expressions to any specified accuracy.
- Special mathematical functions which include special functions of classical applied mathematics.
MATLAB has two symbolic math toolboxes:
1. The basic symbolic math toolbox
2. The Extended symbolic math toolbox
- Overloaded methods
- Help char/diff.a
- Help sym/diff.a