Computational biology Project Help
Assignments in computational biology can be very challenging. Sometimes it keeps students hooked up to their study tables until late hours contemplating how to answer the assignments. Why don’t you make your life easier by asking for computational biology assignment help using Matlab from one of our accomplished experts? We at Matlabassignmentexperts have been in this business for a long time and have one of the best online tutors for computational biology. With us, you get high-quality services at an affordable price.
Computational biology is the branch of biology that entails the use of computer applications and computer science to study the biological structures and life processes. It utilizes the use of algorithms to represent and simulate biological systems. Very often there is a need for large-scale data for the simulation exercise. Computational biology has a close relationship with bioinformatics. However, it should not be confused with Biocomputing. Biocomputing is a branch of computer science and computer engineering that builds computers using biology and bioengineering.
Algorithms applied in computational biology
Initially, a great hindrance to the development of computational biology was data. At that time data was scarce and could not be used to develop meaningful models. Recently, data has been accumulated to such an extent that the problem has shifted to a new problem known as big data. The issue prevalent now is how we could use the data effectively. As we know, everything is need driven and advancements in data science have become a gateway to many innovations in the current age. Below are some of the computational biology algorithms, which are normally utilized.
- Global matching
- Evolutionary trees
- Chemical equations
- Gene regulation networks
- Hidden Markov models
- Local sequence matching.
Computational biology subfields
- Computational anatomy. As the name suggests, it focuses on the anatomical shape. Here, computational methods are used to model and simulate biological structures.
- Computational modelling. This sub-branch aims at developing models, which can be used to simulate biological systems. It utilizes specialized algorithms and visual software.
- Computational genetics. Also known as computational and statistical genetics. Focused on the study of genomes of cells and organisms.
- Computational neuropsychiatry. It is the field that utilizes mathematical modelling to model the brain mechanisms that cause mental disorders.
History of computational biology
The birth of computational biology can be correlated to the birth of computer science. Alan Turing, a British mathematician and a logician, who is often referred to as the father of computing, once used computers for biological morphogenesis modeling. A computer named Maniac was developed in Los Alamos national laboratory to model genes in the 1950s.
Initially, computers were developed for numerical analysis, but these two instances were the first where computational biology was applied. In 1960, the use of computers in biology had been diversified to include an analysis of the protein structure and crystallography.
In the 1980s, the growth of computational biology as a field was hastened by the advancement in computer science. A major advancement was artificial intelligence and the large availability of data.
Benefits of our expert working on your assignment
Here are some of the benefits you get when you opt for computational biology homework help from us.
- Plagiarism-free assignment- We always ensure that our assignments are free of plagiarism. The consequences of sending a plagiarized assignment solution to our clients could be disastrous. It could not only damage our hard-earned reputation but also make the student score low marks and in extreme cases, cause the student to be expelled.
- Track the progress of the project. With us, you are free to ask about the progress of the project at any time.
- On-time assignment delivery. We always meet the deadlines stipulated by our clients. We understand that you, as a client, have to meet the strict institutional deadlines in submitting the assignment.