Optimization Techniques in MATLAB
- Unconstrained non-linear minimization
- Constrained non-linear minimization includes goal attainment problems, semi-infinite minimization problems, and minimax problems.
- Linear and quadratic programming
- Curve fitting and non-linear least squares
- Non-linear system of equation solving
- Constrained linear least squares
- Overestimation – Overestimating the size of your matrix and allocating much space is better than under-allocating space
- Deal with it and fix it later – A lot of developers put up with the population time, and then copy the matrix into a new pre-allocated space. This is usually saved as a .mat file. Similarly, it could be read quickly at a later date.